vegan, makes 4 mini pizzas
2 Ezekiel English muffins, split in half
1/3 cup vegan cheese shreds, vegan pepper jack flavor
1/3 cup roasted tomato salsa
1/4 cup refried beans
1 small jalapeno, sliced
1/4 cup onion sliced
2 tbsp tomato, diced
fresh topping: 1/2 large avocado, diced + tossed in lime or lemon juice
other optional toppings:
1 Tbsp black olives
sour cream, vegan
garnish: fresh citrus wedges, lime or lemon + chopped parsley or cilantro
By the Slice and Keep it Simple
1. Preheat oven to a warm temperature – around 350-400 degrees.
2. Pull apart your English muffins. Prep your veggies by chopping/slicing.
3. Add either the salsa or refried beans to the muffin bread. Layering generously. Then add the vegan cheese and veggie toppings.
4. Place on baking sheet and place on top rack in oven. Allow to bake for about ten minutes at 400 degrees. Then for an additional 2 minutes, broil so that the tops get bubbly and blackened.
5. Pull from oven or bake for an additional 1-2 minutes on oven rack (no baking sheet) if you want extra crispy bottoms.
6. Serve warm with fresh avocado on top. Cilantro would make a nice garnish. Citrus wedges too.